Play dough recipe
Follow our recipe but fell free to experiment
4 Tablespoons of flour
2 Tablespoons of salt
1 Tablespoon of any oil (cooking or baby oil)
2 Tablespoon of warm water
1 Tablespoon of paint
Mix the dry ingredients, then add the water, paint and oil. Mix with a spoon. If the mixture is too sticky, add more flour. If the mixture is too dry, add a little water.
Once it looks almost right use your hands to mix. You can experiment with aromas, like adding cinnamon or hair conditioner.
If you use gluten free flour, you may need to add more salt to the mix. Experiment and have fun with it!
What can I use this for?
You can use our craft ideas as part as your homework or school projects.
- Make planets, stars or moon rocks
- Make different colours of dough and build the layers of the earth
- Make lots of beads and use it for maths like an abacus. Maybe one colour can mean 10, another 100, another 1000, etc
- Form letters and words with the dough
- Make geometric shapes
- Build insects and describe their parts
- Build a human cell
- Make models of virus or bacteria
Or make a stop motion animation like this one:
There is not limit to what you can do! Do you have any other ideas you would like to share with us?